The IS.Rivers conference is:
Up to 400 participants expected;
Specialised workshops on Monday 25th June, organised by national and international working groups;
A 2,5-day conference, with prestigious plenary conferences and parallel break-out sessions
80 communications, distributed between oral and poster presentations, results of research and experience feedbacks, representative of the state of the art in the world
3 technical tours on Thursday 28th June afternoon;
Simultaneous translation French / English (& vice versa) during all the sessions and technical
Conference Venue - Places
Specialised workshops on Monday 25th June: Lyon 2 University
Campus Berges du Rhône - 86 rue Pasteur, Lyon-France
|Technical tours on Thursday 28th June, afternoon
Departure in front of Lyon 2 University (venue of the conference)
Welcome and registration
3 times and places for registration:
- Monday 25th June from 8:30 am for the specialised workshops, at University Lyon 2 (Campus Berges du Rhône)
- Monday 25th June from 5:30 pm at University Lyon 2 (Campus Berges du Rhône)
- Tuesday 26th June from 8:30am, and the two following days from 8:00 am, on the conference site.
Please note that your passport or identity card will be required every day in exchange for your translation headphone.
English and French are the two official languages. Simultaneous translation will be provided for all sessions, and during the Technical Tours, but won't be available during specialised workshops on Monday 25th June (English only).
A Welcome cocktail will be served on Monday 25th June from 6:00 pm at University Lyon 2 (Campus Berges du Rhône); a privileged friendliness moment to meet again with your colleagues from all over the world, in the prestigious reception hall of the University which offers a beautiful view on the Rhône River.
A Gala dinner will be organised on Wednesday evening, in the city Centre of Lyon.
For this 1st edition of IS.Rivers, the proceedings will be published in two formats:
1 - A complete publication of the proceedings in electronic version, on a memory stick, will be given to the attendees.
2 - A printed version of the French/English proceedings - that is to say 2 or 3 pages per communication - will be given to the attendees during the IS.Rivers 2012 conference.
The registration fees for the IS.Rivers conference will include the proceedings with all the presented papers (oral presentations and posters) during the conference. Each paper will be made of 2 to 3 pages, in French or English, and preceded by summaries in both languages.
The programme we suggest for the accompagnying persons is quite simple, in order for them to have plenty of time and be free to visit the city and the region on their own. A touristic kit and tickets for public transport will be provided to enable them to make the most of their stay in Lyon.
- A meeting point is proposed on Monday 25th June at 6:30 pm, for the Ice Breaker at the University Lumière Lyon 2
- A guided tour of Lyon is organized on Tuesday morning, followed by a friendly lunch in a "bouchon lyonnais" (traditional restaurant).
- On Wednesday evening, the accompanying persons will share the Gala Dinner with all the conference participants in the city centre of Lyon.
- They can also register for the technical and touristical programme of Thursday afternoon.
Following your request, we will send you a discount to use on the French railways. Upon presentation of the discount ticket, you will benefit from a reduction rate of 20 % on the full price of your train ticket when booking
- in a SNCF railway station
- in a travel agency registered by SNCF
Please consult the list of SNCF travel agencies in the world on the SNCF Internet Website:
Please note that the reduction is not applicable for online bookings on the SNCF Internet Website.
Air France, official partner of IS.Rivers 2012 conference, should grant attendees
substancial airfare discounts in order to attend the conference. Discounts are
- a wide range of airfares, in all classes of travel (Espace Première, Espace Affaires and Tempo),
- on all flight worldwide of the Air France network
Attractive discounts on a wide range of fares on all Air France and KLM flights worldwide.
Event ID Code to keep for the booking: 15613AF
More details here
Lyon Saint Exupéry Airport located 25km away from Lyon centre, provides connection with more than a hundred cities, half of which are international. To reach Lyon city centre from the airport:
- New tramway / trolley line Rhônexpress (30 minutes, round-trip ticket: 23 €)
- Taxi fare is around 50€.
Be careful as there are three SNCF railway stations:
- Part-Dieu Station and Perrache Station in the city centre
- TGV-railway station at Lyon Saint Exupéry airport.
The University is right at the city centre of Lyon.
Parkings are not free.
The conference venue is also easily accessible by foot (by walking on the new river banks of the Rhône River for instance).
EASY - LYON PUBLIC TRANSPORT
The city centre is very well served by public transport (tram, subway and bus) until midnight. We will provide you with a map.
From 'Lyon Perrache' station:
Follow the 'Métro Tramway' signs. You then have 3 options:
1. Take tramline T2, in the direction of 'St Priest Bel Air' and get off at 'Centre Berthelot'.
2. Take tramline T1, in the direction of 'IUT Feyssine' and get off at 'Quai Claude Bernard'.
3. Then just walk to the university: once youre are outside the station, follow the tramline and cross the river. Walk along 'avenue Berthelot', you will see the 'Institut des Sciences de l'Homme' (Institute of Human Sciences) on your right and 'rue Pasteur' on your left.
Approx. journey time ten to fifteen minutes.
From 'Lyon Part-Dieu' station:
Use the Vivier Merle' exit and take the 'Ligne B' tube in the direction of 'Stade de Gerland', then get off at 'Saxe Gambetta' tube station. Then take the "Ligne D" tube in the direction of 'Gare de Vaise': get off at 'Guillotière' tube station. Leave the tube and take a tramway, 'Perrache' direction: get off at 'Rue de l'Université'. You will see the University right in front of you.
Approx. journey time twenty minutes.
VELO'V: CYCLE HIRE SERVICE
You can rent "VéloV" bikes , which are public bikes that you can use at your convenience (www.velov.grandlyon.com).
You will find many 'VéloV' docking stations in central Lyon. You can buy an access card valid for one week [short time] for €1. The first half hour is free.
You can easily use these bikes in central Lyon, also around the Part-Dieu area, and use them to join the venue of the conference (University Lyon 2 - Campus Berges du Rhône).
End of June is summer and it can be very hot in Lyon! Average minimal and maximum temperatures are respectively of 15°C and 25°C.
LINKS TO OTHERS SITES
|Office de Tourisme de Lyon
Ville de Lyon
Agglomération de Lyon
Université Lumière Lyon 2
Aéroport de Lyon