Like the last edition, I.S.Rivers 2018 will be held over 5 days from Monday 4 to Friday 8 June, 2018:
- Monday 4 June: specialised workshops. The I.S.Rivers participants are invited to attend a welcome cocktail aperitif in the evening.
- Tuesday 5 to Thursday 7 afternoon: 2.5 days of conference, with an opening plenary session on the first day. A gala dinner will take place on Wednesday evening.
- Thursday 7 June afternoon: a half day of technical tours and urban bicycle ride.
- Friday 8 June: a full-day technical tour.
A FULLY BILINGUAL EVENT
English and French are the two official languages. Simultaneous translation will be provided for all sessions of the conference and during the Technical Tours.
Introducing Claudia Pahl-Wostl, 1st I.S.Rivers 2018 keynote speaker!
Claudia Pahl-Wostl is full professor for resources management at the Institute for Environmental Systems Research (USF) in Osnabrück, Germany.
She is an internationally leading scholar on governance and adaptive and integrated management of water resources and the role of social and societal learning.
Her research programme builds on foundations in systems science, which explicitly acknowledge the complex and often unpredictable dynamics of the systems to be managed. In 2012 the Bode Foundation Water Management Prize was awarded to Prof. Pahl-Wostl for the pioneering interdisciplinary work on “Governance in times of change” and comparative analyses of water governance in large river basins.
Claudia Pahl-Wostl was Co-Chair of the Scientific Steering Committee of the GWSP (Global Water System Project - a joint project of the ESSP – WCRP, IGBP, IHDP and DIVERSITAS) and is now member of the planning committee of the solution-oriented “Sustainable Water Future Programme”, a core project of Future Earth. She has participated in and coordinated several European project, e.g. the Integrated Project NeWater (New methods for adaptive water management) that focused in particular on the transition from current regimes of water management in a river basin to more integrated, adaptive approaches. The project had case studies in Europe, Africa and Central Asia, where new methods were developed and tested in participatory settings.
* Pahl-Wostl, C. 2017. Governance of the water-energy-food security nexus: A multi-level coordination challenge. Environmental Science and Policy, doi.org/10.1016/j.envsci.2017.07.017.
* Pahl-Wostl, C. 2017. An evolutionary perspective on water governance: From understanding to transformation. Water Resources Management, 30: 2917-2932
* Pahl-Wostl, C. (2015). Water Governance in the Face of Global Change - From Understanding to Transformation: Springer International Publishing
* Pahl-Wostl, C., Gupta, J., and Bhaduri, A. (Eds.). (2015). Handbook on Water Security: Edward Elgar
An ideal meeting place
The prestigious 'Université Lyon 2' at the edge of the Rhone River
Up to 500 delegates from France, Europe and all over the world
Engineers, technicians and researchers
Simultaneous translation (English - French)
Technical tours to illustrate each thematic
Daily registrations are possible
High quality conferences
The best international specialists
Case studies and research results presented
A first day of specialised workshops (on Monday)
A 2.5 day conference with a prestigious plenary session and 4 parallel break-out sessions
More than 200 papers expected, including oral presentations and poster displays