This international conference is dedicated to research and practices on natural and human-impacted large rivers, in particular how they work, changes and processes, interface and interactions, management policies, engineering.
|For this unique edition, two events: webinars in June 2021, and the face-to-face format from July 4 to 7, 2022.||
A FULLY BILINGUAL EVENT
English and French are the two official languages.
Simultaneous translation will be provided for all sessions of the conference and during the Technical Tours.
Aims of I.S.Rivers Conference
The I.S.Rivers conference concentrates on state of the art management strategies and lessons learned from individual case studies. Particular consideration is given to the integration of the physical, ecological and social perspectives of the different stakeholders involved in river management (governance, economy, culture), which is reflected in the title of the conference (“Integrative Sciences for rivers”).
The ambition of I.S.Rivers
- A conference focusing on rivers
- A conference in which all facets of rivers may be addressed
- A conference with multidisciplinary research occurring in interaction with management
- A conference with feedbacks on innovative operational actions enabling the transferability of good practices for river restoration and management
- A conference with French-English simultaneous translation (and vice-versa) to promote a real exchange between delegates, and access to knowledge of research, actions and experiments conducted on French rivers
The ambition of the organisers is to promote exchanges between scientists on the one hand, & river managers and stakeholders on the other.
500 delegates are expected with a balanced distribution between practitioners and scientists (60% from France, 25% from Europe and 15% from the rest of the world).
Key figures of 2018